Once a residence for guests of the Cambodia king, Amansara is a masterpiece of 1960s New Khmer architecture – an unabashedly modern and minimalist style. Sensitively restored to retain its original single-level layout, curvilinear pool and monochrome minimalism, the resort basks in a contemplative and tranquil atmosphere that belies its setting in the heart of Siem Reap.
Suites open onto private courtyards and serene ponds, enshrouded by gardens and shaded by a canopy of mature trees – a sedate and restorative environment to return to after back-in-time adventures in the ruins of Angkor.
● Exclusive access and only 10 mins away from the Unesco World Heritage Site of Angkor Archaelogical Park
● A former Royal residence, now a spacious and tranquil sanctuary in central Siem Reap
● Customised guided itineraries and Amanbala boat excursions
● Authentic Cambodian cooking and individual dining experiences from temple dinners to twilight meals at Amansara’s traditional Khmer village house
● Spiritually enriching activities such as forest bathing, walking meditation and Buddhist water blessing
● Aman Spa offering Khmer healing traditions and yoga, movement and meditation
Offering a private plunge pool (6m x 5m) and outdoor seating in a private garden courtyard, the Pool Suites offer seamless open-plan living with an elegant bedroom flowing into a living area and light-filled bathroom.
The Courtyard Suites flow from a combined sleeping and living area down to an open-plan bathing area, and out through floor-to-ceiling windows to a private garden courtyard with outdoor seating.
Each of the contemporary Suites finished in pale terrazzo and timber offers a combined sleeping and living area and an island bathtub.