Aman Summer Palace China
Aman Summer Palace, China
The Romance of Imperial China
Just steps from the East Gate of the Unesco-protected Summer Palace lies a peaceful retreat, just 20km northwest of Beijing’s city centre. The tranquil courtyards of Aman Summer Palace are overlooked by gracious pavilions – those that housed guests of the Empress Dowager Cixi over 100 years old. With a private entrance into the historic garden estate with its lakes, pagodas and landscaped grounds, Aman Summer Palace is also ideally placed for discovering the capital’s other Unesco World Heritage Sites, including the Forbidden City and the Great Wall.
Signature Japanese restaurant Nama is one of five dining venues, and the vast underground recreational complex offers an Aman Spa, swimming pool, squash court, Pilates studio and cinema.
● A peaceful retreat interspersed with courtyards, reflection ponds and nature
● On the doorstep of the Summer Palace with a private entrance into the estate
● Outdoor and indoor dining serving Chinese, Japanese and international cuisines
● Spacious and serene Aman Spa and subterranean fitness centre, pool, squash courts and cinema
● Cultural Pavilion where local experts demonstrate Chinese arts
● Personalised excursions to the Great Wall, Forbidden City and other sites nearby.
Situated within the same private south-facing pavilion with a large shared living area, the two-bedroom Deluxe Pavilion is composed of two Deluxe Suites and sleeps up to five guests.
The Imperials Suite’s three pavilions surround a tranquil private courtyard and include a bedroom, spacious living areas and unique features such as a spa room and a private dining area that can become a boardroom-style meeting room for 14. Ideal for private gatherings.
Traditional Courtyard Room
Set around a serene private courtyard, the Traditional Courtyard combines a two-bedroom Deluxe Pavilion (two Deluxe Suites with a shared living area) and two Courtyard Guestrooms.